Mental health and workplace stress is an issue your organisation can’t afford to ignore:
- Almost one in three people have experienced mental health issues while in employment.
- Mental ill-health is the leading cause of sickness absence in the UK. And costing an average of £1,035 per employee per year.
- 95% of employees calling in sick with stress gave but a different reason.
There is significant evidence to show that looking after the mental health of your employees makes business sense and increases productivity. Encouraging them to talk about their mental health can make a real difference to sickness absence rates, presenteeism levels, staff wellbeing and productivity. It also means that they are more likely to seek support before reaching crisis point resulting in them being signed off sick for longer periods. By taking action now, staff will feel more loyal and invested in your organisation which in turn increases retention rates. FTSE 100 companies that prioritise employee engagement and wellbeing outperform the rest of the FTSE 100 by an average of 10%.
So we can help you, your organisation and your employees to better understand and manage the challenges faced by mental health in the workplace.
There are a number of routes that you can take depending on your organisation needs.
We can offer the following courses:
- Mental Health awareness for managers. 6 hours.
- Mental Health First Aid Champions. 6 hours.
- Managing Stress in the workplace for managers. 6 hours.
- Managing Stress in the workplace for employees. 3 hours.
Contact us for more information on this or any of our courses.
Like us on Facebook to be notified of up and coming events.