This 3 hour “medication awareness” session will be delivered through presentation, discussion and group activities.
• Legislation, policies and procedures relating to medication
• Individual’s responsibilities
• The medication process, from prescription of medication through to disposal of medication
• Types and function of medications commonly used in the care setting
• Routes of administration
• Possible side effects and management of these
• Possible causes and management of medication errors
• Documentation of medication
• Seeking advice.
Course costs £35 per person and includes refreshments and certification.
Infection control and prevention is essential for businesses where work activities could put employees at risk of passing on or contracting an infection. This includes working in a healthcare environment, in close contact with people or animals, and cleaning human and animal waste. Infections are easily passed on, but equally easy to avoid if everyone on the premises takes proper preventative action.
This Infection control and prevention training is aimed at all staff working in a health or care setting. They will learn the importance of occupational infection control measures and will be made acutely aware of their responsibilities in managing them. Delegates will also develop practical skills in line with industry standards and guidelines set out by organisations such as the World Health Organisation (WHO).
If you are interested in this or any other course, please call David on 01730 858180. Like us on Facebook to be notified of up and coming events.